Sunday, April 8, 2012

Changing

So the past few months have been a bit hectic and full of well honestly crap ... with a little bit of good thrown in. I have gone through about 3-4 different treatments for Chronic Rejection and this last one seems to maybe be working. I say maybe because I am afraid to get my hopes up. I started this whole mess at 2.9 liters of lung function and am now sitting at 2.00 liters roughly, with my lowest being 1.85 liters. I was told at my last appointment 2 weeks ago that if the medication change the doctors were trying did not work that I would be facing re-evaluation for another transplant.

Not the news anyone wanted to hear. Right now my biggest concern is getting my blood sugar under control again and keeping an eye on my kidneys. With all of the medication changes and the fact that my docs maxed out my anti rejection medication my kidneys had taken a hit. I have had swelling in my ankles and feet, which is joyous. I am hoping that over the coming weeks and month or so that issue will go away.

I am cutting hours back at work in order to give myself a break. It sucks to not have the same money coming in as I always have, but I am getting more and more drained each week that I am working the same full time schedule. I have started the processes for all of the stuff I need to do, now it is just a matter of completing all of the things I need to get done in order to cut my hours back, get back on disability, get my insurance changed and so on.

I go back to the doc tomorrow for some more testing to see if the new meds are doing what the docs what them to do. If so then it looks like I will have dodged the re-evaluation bullet for now. I am hoping for that outcome, but am mentally prepared for anything. As I told a friend of mine before her transplant "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

In other news - Easter was fun. I got the dogs some toys and of course dog treats. I don't think they understood the reason, but they were happy nonetheless. Now I am just sitting here thinking of how I need to be in bed but continuing to play on the computer. I guess on that note I will force myself to log off. I just wanted to post an update. I have been meaning to for weeks but have had issues with my computer and blogging via phone just isn't the same.

1 comment:

  1. Sending you healing vibes so that you can avoid re-transplant! <3 love you!!!

    ReplyDelete